I have looked a ton online, but so far I had only been able to find one that was close to what I wanted, but I would still change it slightly. I never found exactly what I wanted. Well we found it on Saturday!
This picture is exactly what I had in mind for a crib. I wanted something with clean straight lines, but not ultra modern.
Then to make things a bit difficult again, we found another one we liked. This is unlike any other crib I have seen anywhere. We love that the back is solid, and that the crib overall is so unique.
I don't think I have seen rods like that anywhere. Almost every crib has slats of some sort. Plus it still has the clean straight lines we were looking for.
So now we have to decide between the two. We may end up doing a combination of the two, slats with a solid back. But I'm not sure, I do still really like the rods as well. We'll see! Either way, we will be doing an espresso finish, just like the pictures.
Speaking of pictures, this is the picture frame I mentioned that we'll be putting maternity shots in.
It has 7 openings, so we are still trying to figure out how we'll do it. Most likely the first one will be the 15 week shot from the previous post, then each one will be a month later after that. That would make months 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 in the frame. Then the last one will be a picture of the baby after he or she is born.
This is where the frame will go - right when you walk into the baby's room there is this thin wall (which is the end of the closet). Please excuse the mess in the background!
Here is what we are looking at for colors. We were going back and forth between pale green (different than what is there now) or pale yellow for the walls. We settled on this yellow.
We are going to paint stripes like these. Most likely we'll be doing them dark blue and light blue like I have it pinned above, but we might do brown/blue or blue/orange. We still have to decide on that. Either way, that brown sample will also be used somehow in the room. I think I am going to paint the lamp bases I mentioned in this post that brown. It's the same brown we painted in the office, and we have leftovers!
For other furniture in there, we've got the dresser that I refinished (in the post linked above). My dad will be making a simple hutch to go above that, and we'll put a changing pad on the dresser rather than getting a changing table. We also plan to get this chair from Ikea, and these shelves, also from Ikea. (In case you're wondering why I gave two links for each, linking to the product showed the wrong finishes, but I also wanted to link the product in case anyone is wondering what they are/where they're from :-))
So that is what we're looking at so far for the nursery. I'll be sure to update as we make major changes!
love the cribs - I like the idea of the solid back with the bigger slats for the front.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pics of the nursery as you get it painted and set-up!!
I love the cribs and the stripe idea, it's going to look so good!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE dark nursery furniture!! Looks good so far!
ReplyDeleteCool cribs! How fun to go shopping for your baby :)
ReplyDelete