Sunday, January 31, 2010

AW Alert.

Time for me to AW a few photos from this week.

J and I decided to play around with a DLSR this week and take some maternity shots. We have a frame that we are hoping to fill with the belly progression pictures, and hang in the nursery. I'd like for these photos to be as nice as possible, so we started experimenting. It took a while, but by the end we had a few shots that I absolutely loved. I'm still keeping my face off here, so I can only show you a couple.

Here is the one that will go in the frame.

And ::deep breath:: here is a bare belly shot.
And my second AW for the week, my first big baby purchase. My mom and I went to the outlets yesterday, and I bought a diaper bag. A Kate Spade diaper bag. I surprised myself, because I had really been leaning towards a Fleurville bag. But I fell in love with this, and to top it off, I got a GREAT deal. I'm talking over 63% off! So you can't really beat that.

Here's a pic of the bag:
I actually really made out at the outlets. I got a nice wool maternity coat that doesn't look like a tent on me. This was key because I needed a coat and the one I ordered from Gap last week looked horrible. I also got some dressier shirts which will be good for the bachelorette parties/bridal showers I have coming up in February and March. And of course I couldn't pass up a few baby clothes.

Confession - I made my first gender specific purchases this weekend. I couldn't help it - The Children's Place was having a HUGE sale, and I couldn't resist a little dress or a boy's sweater. Whichever one I can't use will either be gifted or saved for a time I can use it or gift it.

So anyway that's my random post of the week. Coming soon, a post about the nursery!

5 comments:

  1. The frame full of belly pictures is such a great idea. And that diaper bag is really cute.
    Can't wait to see the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such awesome pictures! :-) Can't wait to see the whole frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures look really pro-like. You look fabulous! I could not wait to find out the sex so we went to a 3-d place for gender determination at 17 weeks. Could have done it at 16, but schedules wouldnt allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so great!
    love the diaper bag too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nude belly shot is absolutely stunning! You've got to frame that one.

    ReplyDelete