I don't even know why I bother giving a TMI warning anymore. I think we can all agree that at this point about 99% of my posts have something that is TMI in them!
So, the bleeding. I obviously knew ahead of time there would be bleeding, and that I still have a ways to go before it's over. I also knew there could be clotting, but I figured that was just in the first couple days after, and that it would get less and less as time went on. I had a couple notable clots the first day after, but since then it's just been tiny little things here and there.
Imagine my reaction when I gave birth to a mouse last night.
I swear to you guys, this clot was the size of your average field mouse. [I know because we have a mouse problem in our basement. Another story for another day :-P] I actually measured it because I wanted to have the dimensions in hand when I called the doctor, because I figured there was no way this was normal! J even told me not to flush in case they wanted me to bring it in or take a picture or something.
Ahh, we are so naive. Turns out that is totally normal. Super awesome! I will say, my personal care is quite possibly the hardest part about this having a baby business. I am so very much looking forward to the day I stop bleeding. Especially since I am one of those lucky bitches that has 3 day periods with a very light flow, so this is just a totally different world for me, and one that I am looking forward to leaving!
get in the back of the line, sister :D
ReplyDeleteI had a c/s and I still think the bleeding was the worse part. And I bleed for about a month (they say it is worse with a c/s). I really wish I could give you some advice, but girl, there just aint any!
ReplyDeleteI laughed, I'm sorry. They told me to tell them if they were bigger than a golf ball. Golf balls are bigger than field mice, right?
ReplyDeleteUgh...I hear you!! They told me that "egg-sized" was the cutoff for worrying...gah..this is so gross!
ReplyDeleteAbby this was definitely bigger than egg sized, I was shocked when he said it was fine! Haha
ReplyDelete