Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So it's August, and I have a 1 week old yesterday.

I barely remembered to change the background for August, and it was a few days late. Oh well. And as of yesterday, I have a one week old baby, and I didn't even blog about it. And I still haven't written out my birth story. I suck. But I don't care. Because this tiny little creature taking up all of my time is so worth it!

Jamie is doing awesome. He was jaundiced when we left the hospital, so we went back to the pedi on Friday and Sunday to check on that. It's pretty much gone now, so that is great. But the biggest news from those visits is that we have a little piggy on our hands! He was born at 7lbs 5oz, and left the hospital at 6lb 15oz. On Friday he was 7lb 3oz, and by Sunday he was 7lb 5.6oz. At 5 days old he was already slightly above his birth weight! We go back on Friday for his 2 week (actually 10 days) appointment, and I am guessing he will be at 8 lbs by then, the way he has been gaining so far!

We're having some trouble breastfeeding, but obviously he is getting plenty of food so we are just going to get some help with making it a bit easier for me. In a nutshell, even though he eats so well I still have more milk than he can handle, and he gets sloppy and by the end of each feeding we're both covered in milk. I don't want to leave the house in case I need to feed him in public, because right now feeding means stripping him down to a diaper and me down to my bra. I'm all about NIP, but not in just a bra!

So right now my life is pretty much eatsleeppoop, with some cuddles thrown in here and there. And I'm loving every minute.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear all about Jamie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations JCam! I'm way late on the bandwagon and have been catching up on all your posts but I wanted to give my official welcome to the world to Jamie! Hope you guys are doing well and you're taking it (slightly) easy!

    -Tameka (Pinky)

    ReplyDelete