Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And the bad news.

Well, it looks like Jamie does indeed have acid reflux. It sucks that he has it, but I was happy to hear the pedi agree with me for two reasons. First, I was afraid I was going to be told I was overreacting. So it's good to know my mommy instincts are in tune. Second, it means we can take action to hopefully make him feel better. He will be going on meds and with any luck they will make him a lot more comfortable.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    My daughter, Ginger, is 10 weeks old and she showed signs of reflux the 2nd week of her life. It has been totally heartbreaking at times to feed her, and we too, are on medication. I guess (from what I've been told) there are happy spitters and unhappy spitters from reflux. My sweet girl is an unhappy spitter. I find wearing her in a baby carrier, dancing with her and swaddling have done wonders for the crying. I would be curious what prescription you've been given, as I have doubts if Ginger's is doing her any good. the.cheese.assassin@gmail.com - if you were interested in chatting more about reflux. No baby should get it - but it seems SO common these days. Take Care, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Kerrie! I have been finding those things to work already. We've been doing lots of dancing! He has always liked swaddling, and I have always liked wearing him, so we've been keeping up with those. Especially since most of the time when I get him to calm down it's on my chest, so I just wrap him into the mei tai and go about my day while he sleeps on me. I will be sure to email you if I have any questions. While I hate that so many babies have it, it's helpful to hear from another mom of a reflux baby, so thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor little man :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap. I'm sorry, jcam. You know we've been in the thick of it for a few weeks now. Meds and my diet adjustments have helped some. I hope he finds comfort with the meds!

    ReplyDelete