Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our love fern, one year(ish) later.

Last year we did a lot of work to the outside of the house, including painting, planting shrubs, flowers and grass, and most importantly, planting our love fern. That's right, we call our Japanese Maple our love fern. Because we love that tree, and who doesn't love a How to Lose a Guy reference?

(what, lots of people? oh well, I do love that movie so)

Here is the picture from when we planted it, about a year ago this past weekend:

And here it stands today!

So the grass didn't grow in perfectly, and our shrubs are in some serious need of trimming. But would you check out that tree! I'm so proud of us for not only not killing it, but for taking good enough care of it to have it pretty much double in size.

Now on to the side yard. Those ugly steps next to the rock pile? They are going to hell, where they belong. Hopefully sometime in June I will have some pictures showing you what we have done there.

1 comment: