Cake Pops (aka cake balls on a lollipop stick)
What you need:
1 box cake - baked and cooled.
1 can frosting
2 packages bakers chocolate or candy melts (depending on what color you want to coat the balls with)
lollipop sticks
What you do:
Take the baked cake and break it up into a mixing bowl. Add frosting and mix.
I used my stand mixer, of course. Sadly I did not forsee that the funfetti cake/frosting would look so blah when mixed together. Whoops!
Form balls (in this case, I tried to make them egg shaped). Let them chill in the fridge or freezer to make them easier to dip.
Melt chocolate or candy melts (I use the double boiler method - small bowl sitting on even smaller pot with boiling water)
Dip a tiny bit of the end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy, then stick into a ball. Repeat on all balls.
Coat balls in melted candy
Cool in fridge or freezer.
Decorate as desired.
Oreo Truffles
What you need:
1 package of oreos (I prefer double stuff, and I used mint for these ones)
8 oz package of cream cheese (I always use lowfat, they still turn out great)
2 packages bakers chocolate or candy melts (again, depends what you want)
What you do:
Crush oreos
Mix in cream cheese until well blended (a food processor makes the two first steps easiest, but it's not necessary)
Roll into balls, chill to make dipping easier
I decided to make a few more eggs with the oreo truffles.
The rest of the process is the same as the above recipe, without the lollipop stick step. I find coating the balls without a stick is easiest when done with a fork. I let some of the candy drip off then transfer to the wax paper.
Tah-dah! You're done!
I am no Bakerella, that's for sure, but I am semi-proud of how these came out, for my first try at pops. The hardest thing was getting the candy to coat smoothly. If you click on this picture to view it larger you will see that they are far from smooth.
But I hid the flaws as much as I could with the decorations. And despite my self criticism, everyone raved over them - looks and taste :-)
Super cute!
ReplyDeleteYum yum YUM!
ReplyDelete