(Has anyone else noticed my overuse of the word awesome in all things me? - blog, nest, real life, etc. I think it becoming is a theme).
A short story before I recap the concert. We headed to my parents' house to leave, and what do you know, they only have four tickets. There were six of us going. PROBLEM! We called up ticketmaster, and it turns out two were supposed to be mailed to us, but we never got them. They ended up printing them out and holding them for us at will call. Crisis averted! But we kept thinking, I wonder who the lucky bastard is who stole them out of the mail, because s/he got Buffett tix for free!
Anyway, I was so excited for the tailgating, because it is said to be legendary! We set up our stuff and took a look around. This was probably the best setup near us, and it was tame compared to others we saw walking in to the show! But still worth mentioning. And they brought SAND. Awesome!
Here is a guy dressed as a Coors can. Only at Buffett!
For those of you who don't know, the northeast has been having the worst weather ever. I seriously think we swapped with the nortwest or something, because it is like Seattle here. It feels like the longest April ever, yet it is July 1st. Well we were blessed with a beautiful afternoon just for Buffett! It literally jumped about 15 degrees around noon, and cooled off and poured again around midnight, on the ride home. So of course I had to document the sun when it came out, since we hadn't seen it in about a month!
A shot of the jCam's :-)
Another shot of the sky. I couldn't get enough of the blue stuff! Plus, it looked so pretty with the cloud wisps and the sun setting.
And the main event - Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band! Sadly we were way back at the top of the lawn, so no nice close-up pics like I usually get from Dave :-P
P.S. Yesterday I got a pix message from J. Of our Buffett tickets. In the junk drawer. Apparently they came months ago and he stuffed them there and forgot about them. ::headdesk::
Very cute pic and yay for blue skies! And lol about the tickets.
ReplyDelete