Yesterday was definitely the best day, with no rain at all! The dogs loved it. Gracie napped on the paddleboat with Daddy..
And Billy snoozed on the dock in his signature position - one leg out :-P
Later on, we saw some ladybugs doin' the nasty. I kid you not, the one on back (I can only assume the male?) was VIBRATING. So fast I swear it was a blur. I have never seen such a thing in my life! Sadly we didn't capture the vibration action hahaha.
I made some delish cupcakes for dessert. J would kill me if he knew I put this photo on the interwebs. Oops!
Finally, the highlight of the weekend. Sadly, we did not capture it on camera. This picture I did take will give you an idea.
See how close to the edge of the dock those chairs are? You see where this is going. We have sat out there like this for years now. Everyone always worries that they will get too close to the edge, and we assure them they will be fine, they are a couple inches from the edge, just don't back up.
Well we are all sitting there, chatting away, when my mother gets up to grab a cracker and some dip. And sits back down. A little too hard. The chair nudges back ever so slighty. It was just enough. All of a sudden there was a thump as the back legs slipped off and the underside of the seat hit the dock, then the chair slowly slid backwards into the water. I swear it was in slow motion. I screamed (why??) and jumped up to see a look of surprise on my mother's face for a second as the chair kind of sat on the water with her in it for a moment, then momentum took over and she flipped backwards and landed in the water upside-down, chair on top of her!
For a second we all stared as she righted herself, then came sputtering out of the water. We all started to laugh, then stopped because she did not look happy and started saying, 'I can't swim, I can't swim!'
Time out. Mom - since when can you not swim? You have been able to swim all of your life but all of a sudden you are stripped of the ability? I think not!
So of course my natural response is 'Yes you can!!!!' She looks at me like I'm crazy and says, 'no, my glasses!!' She was holding on to her glasses in one hand and her wine glass in the other, holding them out to me to save. As soon as I took them she swam to the dock and started laughing her ass off. Turns out her instinct was to save her glasses and wine glass rather than save herself and swim. I was dying.
Honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. And the entire time, my camera was sitting in my pocket, just waiting to be taken out to capture the moment. FAIL. Ah well, I told my mom she's just lucky I cared more about her well-being than getting it on camera.
Your poor mom :)
ReplyDeleteAnd ew, ladybug porn!