Monday, July 20, 2009

I slacked on blogging this week.

My bad. And I lost a follower as a result. Sad times... LOL! I guess my excuse is we have been pretty busy though. This weekend especially was packed.

On Friday night we celebrated J's birthday a little early. We went to see RENT at the Colonial theater. Amazing show. I had seen the movie (and loved it) but this was my first time seeing the musical. I was hooked from the second it started. And the crowd was great - everyone cheered when Anthony and Adam came on stage. And the girl who played Mimi too (forgive me, I don't know her name). J loved it too of course. It was his second time seeing it. He was very impressed that it was just as good as when he had seen it in NYC.

Saturday we played tennis all afternoon with J&K (my brother and his girlfriend). We have such a blast hanging out with them. I feel so lucky that I get along so well with not only my brother, but his girlfriend too! After tennis we came back to our house for enchiladas, then headed to the drive-in with them. Let's just say, K and I + enchiladas + the drive-in = a whole lot of flatulence.

Pause. In case you don't know by now, I am very open about these things. If conversations about farts, poop, and the like disturb you, you may want to tread carefully in here. (This may cause me to lose more followers, huh? Oohh well!)

Okay so as I was saying - holy enchilada farts. J and J sat outside the car in camp chairs, while K and I sat in the back of the Jeep at the level of their heads. Farting throughout two whole movies. Bad move, boys.. baaad move! K and I thought it was hilarious of course.

I've gotten off topic though. The real point here was to tell you to get your ass to the movie theater and see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen! What an aweome movie. (In case you don't live in an area with FiOS, please watch this video of pure awesomeness. Kthnxbai).



Actually, that commercial may have started my obsession with the word awesome. Awesome pussycat.

So ya - some people say the movie was all action scenes with no real plot. To that I say, 'uuhh your point?' I mean come on. It's Transformers. I don't think the first one had much of a plot either. It's not the plot that makes these movies so awesome!

I hope I'm not killing the awesome.

Also - the drive-in was great! If you have one around you I totally recommend going. It was 20 bucks per carload - so only 5 bucks per person, for two movies! The one thing that sucked was that it started late since the sun sets so late. And it was about 45 minutes from our house, so we didn't get home until about 2:30 am. That pretty much killed me seeing as I haven't seen that time of night (morning) in a lonnngg time!

Luckily our plans yesterday were very relaxing. A good friend of mine from home and her husband were in the area for the weekend (they currently live in Cali). We spent the day with them and a bunch of their friends and family at their beach house in Gloucester. It was a perfect day to be there! Friend is 12 weeks pregnant and looking great. Sadly I am looking the same size (if not bigger) than her. Can you say.. depressing?

Who am I to complain though, seeing as I have done absolutely NOTHING in the way of working out in the last three weeks. Sigh. Thus is my life. Perhaps I will lose some weight, perhaps I will keep slacking and not. Whatevs.

Anywho, it was a great weekend and I was sad to go back to work this morning. But I have a short week, and an even more AWESOME weekend to look forward to! This coming weekend I will finally get to see Jenny again! Super freakin huge SQUEEE!!! More on that to come...

2 comments:

  1. Omg lmbo at killing the awesome and holy enchilada farts.

    And have I said recently how jealous I am of your awesome upcoming weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the drive-in? I love going to them, and there used to be one where I used to live but it closed and I haven't been to one since.

    ReplyDelete