Friday, May 29, 2009

She's crafty - and she's just my type.

A little while back on the book board everyone went crazy over DIY bookmarks. This link was posted, and I fell in love. I finally got around to making one myself a week or so ago.

Here is the finished product!
I used some ribbon I had bought for our wedding (although I never actually used this one lol) and scavenged for buttons. At first I thought that would be totally easy, because I have about a 5.5 billion buttons from various clothes over the years. Turns out they are all tiny. ::boo hiss:: So I stole some from my mom instead lol. I did find some teal thread among my button collection, so I used that to stitch on the buttons, and the star cutout from the middle:
I used some of my scrapbooking papers and things for the part in the middle, and found the quote 'Reading is like a discount ticket to everywhere.' I found it appropriate, since I totally escape into my books :) I stitched those on with the teal as well.
For the other end, I stitched my initials in with the remaining teal thread.

Voila! I am very pleased with it, but now I am so afraid to damage it, that I am afraid to use it in my books! I have been using it, but very gingerly ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I really want to make one but I'm not very crafty ::thumbs down::

    ReplyDelete