Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Italia! (part 2)

On Friday A and I woke up and got ready for a climb. We walked up these stairs (and many more) to see the green David and then San Miniato.
When we got to the green David, this was the reward for the climb!
Well worth it, I think! Then I got some shots of the man himself..
After that, we climbed a little further up to San Miniato, one of the highest points in Florence. The church was gorgeous, with that white, green, and pink marble that I love so much! I hadn't been there when I visited Florence in HS, so it was something new for me!
Inside, the ceiling was painted wood. It was incredible.
This is the view from the door looking straight in. So beautiful. The picture does not do it justice.
Back outside, I got a few shots of the view from a little higher up. That is one of my favorite things in Italy - the view of Florence. I love it.
We walked back down, stopping for my first gelato of the trip. Mmmm. So. Damn. Good. On the way back down we saw a sign for a Japanese garden. We figured, why not check it out! A and I both had never been before. It was so pretty, and smelled amazing! All of the plants and flowers were giving off the best aromas. We saw these bright red flowers, and needed a picture of course!
After leaving the garden, we did some shopping back in the center.

For dinner we met up with A's boyfriend. They wanted to take me to a restaurant they call 'the lasagna place' because it is so good there. Well, it was closed! It was labor day in Italy that day, so a lot of places were closed. There was another restaurant right next to it open that they had never been to, but we figured why not try it out.

Well, we all got lasagna there, and it was the best lasagna I have EVER had. They said it was even better than the other place! All this time they have been going right next door, and they didn't even know about this place! Too funny. Now for the next two months they know where to go ;-)

Up next, Rome!

3 comments:

  1. Again, so pretty! I can't wait to see Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that view of Florence, too! SO pretty!

    Rome is my favorite city in the world...I can't wait to hear about your experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I like Florence way better than Rome haha. A and I realized it is like Boston vs. New York. She likes Rome/New York better, I like Florence/Boston better.

    (And before you say I am biased about Boston, I am talking about the small city/big city comparison, not the Sox/Yankees rivalry :-P)

    ReplyDelete