I hopped on the plane Wednesday afternoon in Boston. Took a long nap, and woke up Thursday morning to the sun about to rise over the alps. Yes, please!
Then the sun really did rise, and this was the last picture I could get before all I could see were blinding rays haha
The clock tower in Florence.
Finally, the sunset over the Tuscan hills.
The first day A and I spent some time walking around Florence, taking pictures, and just enjoying actually seeing each other! She and I went to college together, but she moved to Florence with her boyfriend after we graduated (3 years ago). I have seen her twice since then, once at my wedding (hardly at all) and once last winter at a party because she was home. So it was awesome to finally just hang out like we used to! Except we were in Florence. Awesome.
Anyway, we stayed at a house up in the hills that night, which is where I saw the awesome sunset. It literally looked like the sun painted everything orange/gold. It was gorgeous!
Stay tuned for more pics from the rest of the trip :-)
Yay pictures!!
ReplyDeleteSooooo pretty.
And I'm cracking up at the fact that your mil giggled at David.
I have like two or three pictures of it, and then more of the green David (there are actually three, the original is in a museum). Each time she let out this gigglesnort like she was 12. My inner dialoge was like 'Are you kidding? You're kidding right? You're not kidding. Help me jeebus.'
ReplyDeleteAwww, this brings back so many memories. I love Florence so much!! Can't wait to see more pics!!
ReplyDelete