Sunday was a relaxing day. We walked around the center so I could do a little photo shoot of my favorite thing in Florence - the Duomo!
A close view from the other side below:
I freakin love it

The Bell Tower
Standing at the Bell Tower:
So, a funny little story about how we got inside the Duomo. Neither of us wanted to do tours anywhere - long lines, $, no thanks! But A decided we should go inside the Duomo. So she sidles up to this side door and speaks broken Italian (on purpse - she speaks it pretty well) to the guard, saying 'Can we come, how do you say, pray?' ::bats eyelashes:: Guard says sure! And we sneak in the side entrance!
Inside the main dome: 
Wood carvings outside one of the side doors:
I don't know what this part is called lol
Of course he told me to put my camera away, so we snuck around the corner to get the pics. I don't do the whole religion thing, so for me it was no biggie, but A is pretty religious, so I told her I hoped I wasn't sending her to hell! Hahaha.. she was too funny. She made sure to cross herself in front of the guard as we were leaving hahaha.
Sunday night we went to this club type place called Otel. We forgot to take pictures there, so we decided to do a little self timer photo shoot. This was by far the best picture of the lot! Shockingly enough, we were dead sober!
That mystery part is called the baptistery. :-)
ReplyDeleteAah I was hoping someone would let me know hahaha.. thanks! :)
ReplyDelete