Monday, May 25, 2009

Italia! (part 5)

Okay so this will be the final installment of Italy posts. Monday, my last day there, A and I did a bunch of shopping. I always love buying souvenirs when I go away. I had a few things I knew I wanted to buy while I was in Italy. I love the style of hand painted ceramics that you find in Tuscany, so I wanted to get some of that. Also, something you see around Italy is artists doing watercolors of the scenery. I wanted to get one of those. Finally, I wanted to pick up a leather wallet for my brother for his college graduation present. I was successful on all counts, plus a couple other things!

First, I picked up a pilsner glass from the Hard Rock. I always buy a little something from their stores whenever I go.
I found a little square watercolor (this is not a great picture of it) of the view of Florence, specifically the Duomo - my favorite! I can't wait until we finish the basement, I will frame this and hang it there, along with the pictures I took in Rome and Florence :-)
For the ceramics, I found a little plate that I will hang in my dining room. It has the fleur de lis, which is the emblem of Florence.
I also found this wine cork, with the Duomo on it.
But by far the one thing I was most ecstatic to find is something I did not have any intention of looking for. A had asked me about Twilight, and I suggested she try reading it. So off we went to the bookstore, to the English section. Low and behold, what was sitting right next to Twilight?

THE UK HARRY POTTERS!!!!

I. freaked. out. I have been eyeing them on Amazon Canada, but J said I was nuts. He's probably right. Whatevs! So of course when I spotted these, that I could buy right there, and not pay shipping from Canada, I had to have them. A thought it was the funniest thing how excited I was, and snapped a picture. I think I might have been shaking, I was so excited!

Here are a couple pictures I took of them at home:


I love them so much. Another reason I can't wait to finish the basement - I will be able to display them in a proper bookcase with all of my other Harry Potter things. Yay!

1 comment: