Monday, July 19, 2010

Here it is - babyCam's nursery reveal!

It was a lot of work - and certainly a lot of compromise between J and I ;-) - but in the end, I love all of it. I didn't want to get too matchy with the room, and I think I succeeded in that. Our non-theme, as I like to call it, is sock monkeys.

When you walk into the room, the first thing you see is the glider.
We got the glider for a steal on Craig's List. It started out a reddish finish, so we sanded it down and stained it to match the rest of the furniture in the room. The fabric happens to match the room perfectly. While it isn't what I would have chosen if we had ordered it new, it works well enough that we chose to leave it as is.

Past the glider is the crib!
As you know if you've been reading my blog for a little while now, it was the source of much drama and stress. But in the end, I really do love it. Also in this shot you see a lot of the rug.

On the opposite wall is the dresser/changing table.
The dresser was actually part of my dad's bedroom set from when he was a kid. Last summer we refinished it and replaced the hardware, knowing it would be used for a baby's room soon.

Right next to the dresser is the bookcase.
The bookcase is from Ikea. It's mainly used for books, but we also have bedding, blankets, and bath stuff in the baskets.

Back behind the door we have hooks for the carriers.
The carriers in the above picture, left to right, are the moby, the mei tai, and the ergo. I also have my diaper bag hanging there for now, but I doubt it will continue hanging there.

Now all the little details!
On this shelf are the custom sock monkey, the blocks that started it all, and a sock monkey print. While I call it a custom sock monkey, it wasn't actually made custom for us. It just happened to match perfectly, we got so lucky! And I found the sock monkey print in a google images search.
On the left is our progression of belly pics! I got the frame at Kohl's ages ago. After the baby is here we'll put a picture of it in the final opening on the bottom. On the right is the closet that I share with babyCam, already filled with lots of clothes!
Rather than a mobile, we chose to hang lanterns above the crib. I found a fun curtain rod to hang the panels over the closet. We replaced the old panels with roman shades in the windows.
Next to the glider we got this nightstand from Ikea. I didn't like the knob that came with it so I replaced it with this one. The lamps were old lamps we had from a while ago. I painted the bases a few months ago, but they still didn't look right so we ended up repainting them again the other day. I hated the old shades with the new look, so I picked some new ones up at Ikea. I can't find them on their website, but they are part of this series, just a different pattern.
Right now we have a sock monkey in the crib, but that is purely for aesthetic purposes and will be moved when the baby comes. He's there to match our bedding though, which consists of this blanket, and a skirt that my MIL made for us with this fabric.
And of course, who can forget the most adorable little baby hat ever! I cannot wait to put that on babyCam for some adorable pictures. The baskets in the bookcase are from Michael's, but they aren't on their website. Finally, the frames above the glider will be filled with pictures of babyCam. I got them at Ikea, then added the sock monkey details with scrapbook paper from Michael's.

Oh and the basics - the walls are painted with Benjamin Moore paints. The yellow is 373 Yellow Iris, the dark blue is 840 Kensington Blue, the light blue is 837 Sheer Romance, and the white is White Dove RM.

So that's it, our nursery is complete. All that's missing now is the baby!


~If there is anything else I didn't link that you are looking for, let me know and I'll tell you where we got it!~

12 comments:

  1. I love it!! What a great non-theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so gorgeous! Where did you get the baskets that are in the bookcase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! You did a fantastic job. I love the color scheme.

    One thing, and I'm sure you already thought of it, but better to be safe- I'm sure you have a plan for those cords on the blinds, especially the set to the left of the crib. Either a hook or an anchor to lift them out of reach of the crib. Better to be safe from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    I have that same Ikea bookshelf and use it as a changing table. Still going strong on it and my DS is 19months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - don't worry, we'll definitely be putting the cleats up for those, and high up. We just hit a brick wall and called it finished haha. We'll definitely have that done long before the baby can reach them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! You talented thing you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J it is so amazing! Love love love it!
    Baby girl is gonna love her room ;P

    ReplyDelete