Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Insurance blows.

So long story short, thanks to a hiccup with MassHealth, my insurance is not effective. Even though I have a letter in writing here saying it is. And I have already paid for it, and have received a bill for next month.

What does all of this mean? That I had to push my ultrasound back to next week.

I was so not happy about this.

Then I talked to a douchebag ignorant asshole at MassHealth who HUNG UP ON ME and I became livid.

It was a stressful day. But it should be resolved in time for my new appointment, on Monday afternoon.

In the meantime, enjoy my new Christmas colors. They make me happy.

5 comments:

  1. Just an FYI - most women don't have the luxury of having an ultrasound at 7weeks. They get them closer to 9 weeks. Some women don't have the luxury of an ultrasound until 18-20weeks. Why didn't you have your insurance taken care of BEFORE you got pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - quit yer bellyaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, my first hate comment! Well, since you asked - I took care of the insurance a month ago - before I found out I was pregnant. I thought I was all set and was just waiting for my card. I've been talking to people trying to get the card for a week now. And around here 8 weeks is average for the first ultrasound. 18-20 weeks is unheard of. But I'm guessing it varies in different parts of the country.

    Of course I'm sure you'll say you don't care, but you're the one who read my blog. Which reminds me - being my blog, I'll bellyache all I want, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh J, I'm sorry! I was just wondering if you got to have your appt today. Hopefully it's all cleared up by next week - I want to see babyCam!

    ps - love the new background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the appointment - hope it all gets cleared up.

    Also, didn't realize you were forcing people at gunpoint to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete