So. The weekend rolled around, and I thought about testing on Saturday, but J said to wait a little longer. I figured 'he's right, I have had that one cycle with a 14 day luteal phase, this must be another.' I also started doubting myself, figuring I must have ovulated later than I thought. After being really bitchy all day Saturday (the same way I always PMS) I was certain AF was coming Sunday.
Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.
Sunday morning I woke up and no AF. I figured what the hell, I'll just POAS and it will be negative and I'll wait for AF. Not sure why I figured testing was a good idea since I knew AF was coming. I think just because I had never actually done it before, and just wanted to get that first time out of the way.
So I pee, and within a minute the line started to show. Faint, but definitely there.
(15 dpo)
And I said OHMYGOODGODSHUTTHEFUCKUP!
Ran into the bedroom and jumped on J (who was just waking up, poor thing) and said, 'I think I might be pregnant!'
His answer? 'Why?'
'Ummm because I just took a test and I'm pretty sure it's positive!'
So he jumped out of bed and came to look at it with me (I had left it in the bathroom - I feared moving it would change the result hahaha).
He at first said 'ya I see a faint line, but what did it look like before?' So I opened the other test from the package and showed him how it was blank white before. That's when he said 'well ya I'd say you are pregnant.' He totally believed it immediately. I was still in complete shock. All day I kept repeating HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!? and just looking at him with this big goofy grin. His response every time was 'I knew you would be pregnant, I don't know why you are so surprised.'
It started to sink in a little later on in the day, but that didn't stop me from peeing on another stick on Monday morning!
Most definitely a dark line, which appeared just as fast as the first. I was still in shock, but actually believed it much more. Called the doc yesterday morning, and was asked to come straight in today for my H1N1 shot. My first appointment/ultrasound with the OB will be on 12/1/09. I will be 7w2d.
So ya. I am pregnant. HOLY CRAP! My EDD is July 18th, 2010, and I am 4w2d today. I am so beyond excited, and I feel so incredibly lucky for this to have happened so fast for us. I am crossing everything I have now that the next 9 months go smoothly and we have a healthy little baby next summer.
Oh and to my Boston loves - I'm sorry I didn't post about this on the board yet, but I need to wait until my friend who sometimes lurks knows, so she doesn't find out there. So if you could use discrection there, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much, and I can't wait to see you all in a week!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, now I see the disclaimer so I'll be quiet.. but OMG, I'm so happy for you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys :-D
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I have been checking your chart/blog because I had a feeling there was a reason why you have been so quiet about TTC on the board lately. I'm so happy for you, enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteOMG J - congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I clearly don't read blogs very often as I'm just getting to this today :) Congrats!
ReplyDeleteP.S. If your friend lurks on the board doesn't she ever click on the link to this blog in your siggy?