
I am a big fan of quick breads. (Not the box kind - from scratch.) Nana bread being my favorite. I got this recipe from Jess's food blog. I love that it's called Wicked Banana Bread, although it would have been even better if the name was Wicked Good Banana Bread. ;-)
EDITED 2/16/10 - Jess deleted her food blog. FOR SHAME! But you can find the recipe in her other blog, here.
The recipe was very easy, although it did kind of kill me to use a cup of sugar. I used sour cream instead of yogurt, and 1% milk instead of skim, as we had both of those in the house.
Let me tell you - the cup of sugar? Worth it. This was far better than the recipe I usually use - it is my new official nana bread recipe, for sure.
And to further prove how good this bread was, J liked it. Nay, loved it. He doesn't normally care for quick breads at all, but he raved over this bread. I can't wait to make it again, cup of sugar be damned!
Mmmm...I love banana bread! I got some new loaf pans for a wedding gift that I need to break out. I should definitely make some Wicked Banana Bread soon!
ReplyDelete