On Friday night, we went to my parents house for dinner. When we got there, I said 'oh by the way, check out this picture of Billy and Gracie.'
My mom says at first she thought she was looking at our Christmas card picture, but thought to herself 'that's a weird Christmas card...' Then it clicked. And this is what happened (warning, turn the volume down):
Needless to say, my mom's a little happy about this baby. But the most priceless part of the video, in my opinion, is my dad. Can you say shocked much?? In case you couldn't guess, he had no idea we were going to start trying soon. Once the shock wore off he was very happy though. He already told J that he has to do all the shoveling on his own this winter! He's too cute. He is going to be such a great grandfather. Even though he didn't see it coming, I know he has been looking forward to this for a while now.
I was disappointed because my brother and his girlfriend weren't there on Friday like I thought they would be. We got the chance to see them for a few minutes on Saturday before we went out to a friend's house, so we told them then. I had been at a craft show with my mom earlier in the day, and said 'look what I bought at the craft show today!' while holding this up:
(It says Entering Fenway)
They both sat there and stared at it for a second, then slowly said 'foorrrr..?'
Our baby.
'For like, the future?'
For like, next summer.
'Wait.... you're pregnant?'
Yup!
'No you're not... really?'
Yes!
This went back and forth for another 30 seconds or so, my brother looking from me to J saying 'no, really??' over and over before he finally believed it. I wish I had had the forsight to get that on camera as well, because it was hilarious!
On Sunday the ILs came over and brought lunch with them, saying 'surprise, we brought a present!' So I said, 'we have a surprise for you too!' and handed them the picture. It took a little while for them to get it. My MIL thought at first we were getting another puppy! But when she looked up and saw the camera in my hands, she realized it was a baby. She was so happy, which was nice because I didn't know what to expect from her. My FIL, on the other hand, was very predictable and said 'well it's about time.' Whatever, I have always known he would say that.
We then went to the ILs for dinner so that I could see my SIL. She is due in February, so I was really excited to tell her. I am so excited that we are pregnant together, at least for a few months. She is really excited for us as well, but kind of figured it out ahead of time since she was running way late and we were all calling and texting her to get her home before we had to leave!
So that's that, our immediate family all knows now. It makes it all feel more real, and it makes life a lot easier for me not having to hide it from my mom any more. I am really close with her, so it was hard to keep from her for the first week. I don't know how people go longer than that without telling their parents!
Tonight my mom and I are going to visit her sister, aka my favorite aunt. I'm really close to her, and she doesn't have any daughters, so I always tell her she is like my second mom for big things (wedding, baby, etc). Telling her is going to be almost as good as telling my mom. I can't wait!


That video is amazing. I watched it on mute and I could totally read your mom's lips. Have fun telling the rest of the family :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, that onesie is so cute. You are going to have a very well dressed baby.
Jcam! Congratulations! I have tears in my eyes reading this and seeing your video, what an exciting time for you. H&H 9 months!
ReplyDeleteHalleygirl
Your mom is too cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Baker! You wouldn't believe how many clothes this kid already has hahaha.
ReplyDeleteThanks Halley! I hope you get a BFP soon too :-D
Love the video!! We videotaped my parents reactions and they were exactly simular to your parents. My mom jumped up and started yelling and crying, and dad just sat silently and said "really?"
ReplyDeleteI watched that video 10 times and everytime it brought tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet anonymous :-)
ReplyDelete