Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My favorite thing about fall...

...well okay, I guess it's really tied for my favorite thing, with about eleventybillion other things. I've realized lately that fall truly is my favorite season, for so many reasons. But one of my many favorite things about fall is apple picking. J and I try to go every fall. This year K (FSIL) came along with us while my brother worked. We took the pups, and it was so much fun!

A tip, if you are planning on going in the northeast, is that because of all of the rain we had the macs are really behind this year. So wait another month. But we got macouns instead, and oh man are they good! J and I are not huge fans of macs because they are so soft. The macouns have the great taste of macs (even sweeter actually) but still have a nice crunch to them. I highly recommend trying them out.

After picking, K and I got to work making a totally yummalicious apple crisp. I'll do a separate entry about that later.

Oh and have I mentioned how Billy loves apples? The first year we had him, we took him and he kept trying to eat all of the apples on the ground under the trees! It was the cutest thing ever! This time he was too busy sniffing who knows what the whole time, but as soon as we got home he gladly ate the core from my apple I had just eaten :-)

Then...

And now :-)

Nothing new to report in TTC land.. I am putting on my happy face and waiting as patiently as I possibly can. I am pretty sure I o'd yesterday, so it looks like I'll have to wait to see if he is ready next cycle instead. ::sigh:: We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love the doggy pics! I gave Brady a whole apple for the first time last year and he barked at it for a few minutes before he realized it was food, haha..

    ReplyDelete