Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple Cranberry Crisp

After apple picking last weekend, K and I baked up a crisp... or rather, 7 crisps. It's not as crazy as it sounds, we made 6 individual ones, and put the rest in a pie plate :-)

We found this recipe on food network's website (my main source for any kind of recipe - baking or cooking). It is actually Pear, Apple, and Cranberry Crisp. It calls for 4 pears and 6 apples, but we skipped the pears all together and just used 6 large apples instead. It was plenty!

Everything else we followed by the recipe. It was ah-may-zing. I definitely plan to make it for Thanksgiving this year!

As good as it was, it was incredibly sweet. It probably didn't help that the macouns we picked were wicked sweet to begin with. I think next time around, I will skip the sugar in the apple mixture. The topping I will keep the same, even though it is a lot of sugar. It has a great texture, so I don't want to change that.

Unfortunately I only have this crap quality picture because I only took one on my phone.
We had J&K and my parents over for dinner, so for dessert we each had our own personal crisp! I am not a fan of vanilla anything, so while everyone else enjoyed theirs with french vanilla ice cream, I had caramel ice cream with mine - yum! I definitely look forward to eating this again on Turkey Day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment