That is how long I have graced the earth with my presence :-PSo as I blogged about before, I am really big on birthdays. Today is a first for me - I have never before worked on my birthday. I realized that today when my alarm went off and I grumbled, 'working on your birthday should be illegal.' I mean, seriously! This is not a way to spend the day! I should have been allowed to sleep in, have breakfast in bed, and do whatever I want - not work! Boo.
Also, this is the worst weather for a birthday EVER. I am wearing long pants and a sweater coat. Normally on my birthday I wear shorts and a tank top. WTF is up with this March weather we are experiencing?!
The good news is, it is supposed to be gorgeous on Thursday. To celebrate my big two-five, we are going to Jimmy Buffett with my parents, brother, and his gf. It's supposed to be 85* and partly cloudy. So that is perfect at least! I am so excited for that - it will be my first Buffett concert ever!
Tonight my parents will be coming over for dinner and cake and ice cream. You all know what I will be wishing for.
PS - in other news - my BFF got engaged on Saturday! I am over-the-moon excited for her! They plan to get married this coming May. I can't wait! Hooray!! :-D
Happy Birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree, it is so wrong to have to work on your bday. One of the places I interviewed with gave you your bday off, that would be so awesome.
Have a great day!!
Happy Birthday again!
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you take today off?!? I've never worked on my birthday either.
K - I need to work there, lol.
ReplyDeleteI didn't take it off because I am taking off half of Thursday and all of Friday, because of the concert :-)
Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm big on birthdays, too...they should be a celebration!