I read a comment today that someone didn't want to try a series because it is so popular, and they don't like following trends. Seriously, could you sound more dumb? It is one thing to say 'I don't want to buy that car, everyone drives it' (like that new commericial out). Or not wearing a popular style of clothing, because you don't like it, and won't wear it just because it's popular.
It is another thing to say 'that series is a genre I really like, and everyone says it's a great series, but since everyone is saying it, I don't want to read it.' That, to me, is just plain ignorant. Pure stupidity.
I get wanting to express yourself and do what you like, rather than what others say to do. But when there is something you like, and others are saying it is great, why the heck wouldn't you try it?
I thought reading was about knowledge and education, not popularity. Ugh.
It is another thing to say 'that series is a genre I really like, and everyone says it's a great series, but since everyone is saying it, I don't want to read it.' That, to me, is just plain ignorant. Pure stupidity.
I get wanting to express yourself and do what you like, rather than what others say to do. But when there is something you like, and others are saying it is great, why the heck wouldn't you try it?
I thought reading was about knowledge and education, not popularity. Ugh.
Wow, I'm really glad I didn't read that, my head might have exploded. That's so stupid.
ReplyDeleteI could link you if you want LOL. I was soooo annoyed by it, clearly!
ReplyDelete