Friday, April 17, 2009

The only way to fly!

Today for work my dad and I went down to Nantucket to finish up some odds and ends on a job, and then I photographed it for the portfolio/website. From where we live, it's a two hour drive to the ferry, and then the ferry is another two hour ride. Lucky for us, the builder (also one of my dad's good friends) has a little plane.

So we drove to Hanscom, hopped in his puddle jumper, and got to Nantucket in a little over an hour (drive and plane ride total!). This was my first time ever riding in a small plane. Ho lee freakin awesome.
I love to fly as it is, but I am telling you, this is the only way to fly. I am a freak of nature in that I enjoy turbulence. I have never really been able to figure it out. Well today when we hit a bunch on the way back (not a lot, but a lot more than you feel in a large commercial jet) I realized why.

It's like riding a roller coaster! It was so much fun! Don't get me wrong, the smooth ride there was fun as well haha. But it was so much fun dipping up and down and stuff. Like I said - freak of nature.

It was a day of firsts for me, because I had also never been to Nantucket. I know, I know, living in Mass all my life, I have traveled the world, but never been to Nantucket - doesn't make sense lol.

Anyway, it is absolutely beautiful here today, but it was still 20 degrees cooler out there. But it was still beautiful and sunny, so I snapped some pics outside around the house.
The house above was this tiny little guest house - you can't tell as much from the picture, but it was seriously so small, I think the roof started at my head! It is the original house on the lot, the one we worked on was newer.

Here are some pics from the ride back. This is Nantucket:
Cranberry bogs on the Cape!
Boston from one direction:
And from the other direction after we passed it (were about to land):
What an awesome way to spend the morning. And the icing on the cake - since I started out an hour and forty five minutes earlier than usual, I get to go home that much earlier as well! So I am headed home to enjoy this gorgeous 70 degree weather. Sox game tomorrow - woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment