
My mom got them for the shower she threw us a couple weeks ago. I think the whole neighborhood heard me squee with delight when I saw them! And they tasted great too, which is always a plus ;-)
Now, on to the boring stuff. It was requested that I update about the new stuff we got from the shower. Plus, my mom and I went to Ikea this weekend so I figured I would do a little nursery update as well!
I had found this print a while ago during a google image search. I grabbed a frame for it from Ikea and printed it out on Sunday. I love love love it. I just have to figure out where the crap to put it now.

I also got these frames at Ikea and spiced them up a bit with some leftover sock monkey paper. We'll fill them with newborn pictures of babyCam.

Also at Ikea I found lampshades. (I can't find them on the website but they are almost the same as the ones I linked). They don't fit perfectly, but close enough. And they aren't what I was looking for, but they are a fraction of the price and I ended up loving them. So that worked out well.

We also got the changing pad and cover as a shower gift. The last thing the changing area needs is the shelf above, where the monkey will sit.
This bookcase has been filling up real fast! We received sheets and blankets and things which are in the baskets. We also got the boppy and the frame shown in this picture, and lots of books! The shower was a book shower, which I really wanted so I was so excited about that! Every guest brought a book starting with a different letter. Hands down the best one we got was Wally the Green Monster and His Journey Through Red Sox Nation. We got a lot of other great ones too though :-)

You really can't see it in this picture, but I got this curtain rod for the closet curtain and I loooove it. I will show a close up picture of it eventually. We also got our bouncy seat at the shower.

And pretty much the number one thing I have been dying to get (besides the crib, but I have no control over that) was the rug from Ikea! I am so so happy with how it looks in the room.
We also received our high chair and car seat at the shower! Super excited about those.

We got lots of other things too that you can't really see in these pictures, but trust me when I say everyone was so generous. We are so lucky to have such loving friends and family who are so excited to meet babyCam!
So that's the latest with the nursery. Hopefully my dad will get moving on the crib soon. I have started having major meltdowns about it. But at least everything else is coming together, that helps. We also have another shower for J's side of the family in a couple weeks. I'll be sure to update the nursery progress after that as well :-)
wow, I love like everything about this post. I love the cupcakes, I love the monkey print, I love the other frames you got and spruced up, I love the Wally book (and the boppy), and the RUG! So glad you got it - it looks awesome
ReplyDeleteYou would love the book and boppy! hahaha ;-)
ReplyDeleteyes, yes I would ;)
ReplyDeleteThose are the cutest cupcakes ever! Everything looks so cute. I love the book theme shower, I want one someday. Baby is going to have an awesome room :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see more!