Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not teething after all.

Nope, poor kiddo has an ear infection again. It's been going on for over a week and we just now figured out what that was. You can go ahead and pass that Worst Mother of the Year award my way!

Seriously though, my kid is just so happy. He's almost... too happy. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to change! But when something is wrong, he doesn't do a very good job of showing it. The first time he had an ear infection, he showed absolutely zero symptoms until he finally couldn't nurse because of the pain. This time, he nursed just fine, but refused solid foods. He did run a low temp off and on, but that plus the strike on solids and sometimes fussiness sounded just like teething.

Today, however, I decided enough was enough, seeing as I still wasn't seeing even a hint of anything in his mouth. Off to the doc we went, and it took two checks of the ears to find the puss (it was hiding behind some ear wax the first time).

One round of antibiotics later, and he downed 3ish oz of squash, 2ish oz of fruit, and had a mum mum for dessert. Yep, that's the baby I had been missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment