Friday, October 15, 2010

I know it's only October...

But I've got Christmas on the mind already. I've been thinking for a little bit now of what kind of ornament I wanted to get for Jamie's first Christmas. I started searching etsy for the perfect one, preferably with a sock monkey incorporated somehow.

Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothin.

It was the first time I have ever searched etsy and not had to hold back from spending more than I should.

Then it hit me. Block ornaments. I can make it exactly how I want it to be. And so my newest product offered in my etsy shop was born. Allow me to present to you Jamie's first Christmas ornament:


I am so happy with how it turned out, and so excited to put it on the tree! Now I just have to wait another month and a half before we go cut it down hahaha.

If you are interested in how to make it - I did it the same way I did the regular blocks, then printed out the words and mod podged them on as well. Then I took an eye hook and piece of ribbon and screwed them into the top, securing them with super glue.

And of course if you are interested in purchasing one for your baby, they are listed in my etsy shop.

Now I need to figure out a stocking! Hopefully etsy will be better to me there, because I am no good in that crafting department ;-)

1 comment:

  1. It's ok, I have Christmas on the brain too. :P

    This is very cute! And I can (kinda) sew and don't think I could make a stocking!

    ReplyDelete