Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacationland.

We spent the weekend in Maine again. It was glorious! The weather was amazing - 80s and 90s all weekend. I am finally close to getting rid of those awful tan lines I aquired back on the Fourth of July...

I know you're jealous. But they are pretty much gone now! Woot!

Normally my brother invites half his school up there every weekend, but for once it was just J and I, Mom and Dad, and J&K. It was so nice to hang out just the six of us. We all get along really well. I really and truly hope that K is FSIL, because I lub her. At this point I can't imagine she won't be. They are moving in together in a couple of weeks (they graduate this weekend), and have lots of plans for the future that they don't hide from anyone.

And can we take a minute to acknowledge that my brother is graduating college this weekend!!!!! Holy. Crap. It makes me feel old, and not in the sense that most people usually say that. More in the sense that J and I used to go visit him at school a bunch, so after I graduated we still had that connection to the college lifestyle through my brother. Now that he is graduating, it's like the final connection is being severed, and we are all officially adults now. Yikes!

That probably sounds really dumb from the person who is planning on having a baby soon, but oh well haha.

Speaking of that baby thing... we may have used our last condom last week! Not too sure still. J came close to skipping it then, but then changed his mind and said he wanted to wait until September so that I wasn't due too close to BFF's wedding (April). I am still convinced that we won't get KU on the first try, but he now thinks we will, so wants to be careful about timing. I guess I can't blame him.

But I ovulated last week, so I know it will be September by the next time I ovulate. So hopefully the condoms will be put away for a while! J doesn't know when I ovulated - that is the latest rule we made. I won't tell him, and he can't ask (although he already broke the rule and asked once, but I refused to tell him haha). Either way, I will be sure to update our babymaking status on here, of course :-P

Finally, I leave you today with one more photo of my scrumptious ice cream cupcakes! I had one at lunch, and it's official - I'm addicted. I will totally be making these again, and soon!

2 comments:

  1. I saw ice cream cupcakes at the grocery store yesterday and thought of you! I doubt they're as delicious as yours though.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I bet they didn't have poops for frosting though did they :-P

    ReplyDelete