Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes!


Tonight I used this recipe from my favorite food blog, Beantown Baker. I used yellow cake instead of white because I already had some in the house.

I thought this was such a cute idea, to put the oreos in the bottom!

It's so cool when they come out and the oreo is baked into the cupcake :-)

And the best news of all is, my frosting doesn't look like poops! WIN!! I used a jar of frosting rather than making my own. I did mix it with some crumbled oreos though.

I haven't yet eaten a whole one of these. I have eaten the bits and pieces together though, and it was verra yummy! I used the cone method that Jen from Beantown Baker uses, so I ate some of the bits I cut out with the leftover frosting. I'm confident they will be excellent in full cupcake form.



Update: I had one at lunch. They were very good. I'm glad I made them a bit small, because the cookie being hard at the bottom made them a bit hard to eat. If they had been bigger I wouldn't have been able to get cookie, cupcake, and frosting all in one bite. And we all know that would have been a terrible crime! Overall, I approve, and will make them again!

3 comments: