We have a love/hate thing, you and I. Mostly love, but then there are these moments of hate.
Like the need for the nipple shield for the first two weeks. That thing went straight in the trash when we were done with it. And then we were awesome again.
Then there was the mastitis. Twice. Yeah, I could have lived without that.
But we trucked through. It was always easy to get through it all, because I loved you so much. I never knew just how much I would love the amazing bonding experience you provide for Jamie and I. And the added bonus of weight loss didn't hurt. And the one constant that hasn't changed since day one is that you and I, we make a ton of milk. Before we started I feared that I would have supply issues, but once we got going I realized the only 'issue' regarding supply that I had was an oversupply.
But breastfeeding, you are making me hate you again this week. Where did my supply go? I understand, I've been sleep deprived now that Jamie doesn't sleep through the night anymore. And the holiday was stressful and exhausting by myself since J stayed home sick. On top of that Jamie appears to be going through a growth spurt. Oh and don't forget the raging head cold I've developed. And now, a clogged duct. Certainly not from engorgement, since I haven't experienced that in a few weeks.
I get it, breastfeeding. We're being challenged this week, and the supply is suffering as a result. Please just promise me we'll get through this. I am not anywhere near ready to give you up just yet.
I'm sorry things are rough! I hope it gets better soon!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jcam! Just wanted to let you know that I'm going through the same thing...I started power pumping (in addition to my sporadic consumption of fenugreek) two nights ago and so far so good! yesterday I was only able to pump twice at work and managed to get enough for almost 3 bottles...and I'm feeling very tingly and full today! give it a try after he goes to bed tonight (or if you are home with him, during his longer nap)
ReplyDeleteGood Lord, I know how you feel. Just truck through and I bet it comes back. I'm sure you know all the tricks, oatmeal, Fwnugreek, milk thistle. Drink water for thrust and eat 3 squares a day. And the hardest one-rest. Yeah right! Keep us posted. Jessica
ReplyDelete